Never Again

Thursday, July 9, 2015

So far the weather this summer has been rainy, grey, and muggy. This suits me just fine, since I always feel comfortable in a moody, all-black outfit no matter what the season. 

mirrored sunglasses

forever 21 mirrored sunglasses


summer goth outfit

forever 21 mirror sunglasses

Outfit details:


Sunglasses, backpack and necklace: Forever 21 
Dress and gold sneakers: Zara

Get the look:


summer goth outfit


Similar dress; similar sneakers; similar sunglasses; similar backpack; similar necklace

* * * 

This outfit was a little different for me, but I'm enjoying playing around with my personal style. The hair change is probably a big part of it. I'm feeling drawn to minimal, non-fussy clothes, leaving the visual interest to the accessories (how great are these sneakers and sunglasses together, btw?) and I'm often opting for sporty shoes over heels. 

Although speaking of non-fussy clothes... I love this layered Zara dress, I do, but knowing what I know now I probably wouldn't repurchase. It took a good 15 minutes to figure out how to untangle the inner part of the dress and put it on. So this outfit may look effortless but in actuality it was anything but. 

This made me start a list of personal fashion no-no's: items of clothing or trends that I will never buy again. 

On my list so far: 
  • Baby doll dresses with high waists. They always make me look pregnant.
  • Drop waist dresses. Not helping my already non-curvy figure.
  • Any pants or jeans with a tight waist. I REFUSE.
  • Polka dots. Used to love them, but not my style anymore.
  • Painful shoes. I'm really enjoyed building my sneaker collection. 
  • Painful bras. This epiphany came after one bra's underwire rubbed my skin raw :( 
  • Tops with that synthetic material that somehow makes my underarms sweaty and smelly. It's a work in progress but I'm trying to buy nicer quality fabrics that breathe. 
  • And of course, those complicated two-in-one layered tops and dresses that are impossible to get into because they ALWAYS get tangled. 

I encourage you to start your own NEVER AGAIN list and keep it in mind when shopping. It's better than the typical "I'll never wear..." list because that stops you from trying things you might like (mine once had rompers and jumpsuits and now I happily own both). It's much more important to learn from mistakes and remember what definitely doesn't work for you because it saves you money and heartache in the long run. 


Leave a Comment

Post a Comment