March Beauty Wish List

Sunday, March 15, 2015

I love making lists and planning purchases in advance, whether it's lipstick or shoes, so I thought it would be fun to do monthly wish lists. First up is my beauty wish list for March.

I know we're well into March now but I figured better late than never. Besides, I've only made one beauty purchase so far this month: a NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil (review coming soon, so stay tuned for that). And I used a gift card. Doesn't count!

Without any further ado, here's the five beauty products I'm hoping to purchase this month:

1. Butter London Nail Lacquer 


butter london nail lacquer knackered

I have enough nail polish, but Butter London has some really pretty colors and they'll be on sale for $9 (regularly $15) this Thursday for Ulta's 21 Days of Beauty sale. I have my eye on Wallis, a glimmering olive green, and Knackered (pictured).

2. IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Redness Correcting Creme


it cosmetics bye bye redness correcting creme

OK, so this technically belongs in next month's list, but I'm including it here anyway. This will be on sale for $16 (50% off!) on April 3rd, also as part of Ulta's 21 Days of Beauty. I think I'll have to try it out in-store first before buying it, but if it covers redness as well as I've heard then I have to snatch it up while it's discounted--and then write a review on here.

3. Tocca Perfume


tocca violette
All of Tocca's fragrances smell amazing (plus the bottles are so pretty), but my favorites so far are Lilliana, Brigitte, Margaux, and Violette. Sephora has a 0.5 ounce bottle of Violette for $15, which I'm considering (regular size bottles are $68).

4. MAC Toledo Lipstick


mac toledo lipstick in barbecue

I've wanted to try MAC lipstick for ages now, and the gorgeous packaging of this limited edition is what finally made me take the plunge. Barbecue, a fiery orange-red, is the only shade not sold out so I guess that's the shade I'll be ordering! Review to come next week.

5. Daily Moisturizer with SPF 30



josie maran argan daily moisturizerolay professional pro-x age repair lotion


The most boring but most essential item on my list. I've been slacking in the daily SPF requirements this winter, but spring is coming and I'll be outside walking Doug multiple times every day. I need a daily moisturizer that has: no added fragrance or alcohol, SPF 30 or above, pump packaging, and that's not too greasy and absorbs fast so I can layer it under makeup. Right now I'm considering Josie Maran Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 47 ($32 for 2 oz) or Olay Professional Pro-X Age Repair Lotion with SPF 30 ($25 for 2.5 oz).

* * * 

So anyway, that's my beauty wish list for March! I'd love to hear what's on your list.


(Also, did you know that you can now get "Flash Shipping" at Sephora? It's $10 a year for 2-day free shipping--no order minimum. I don't shop Sephora online that often because it's usually a $50 order minimum for free shipping, so I'm considering forking over the ten bucks for this. It would definitely make me finally order a bunch of the cheaper odds and ends currently sitting in my Loves list. Just a handy tip from me to you.)

Next up is my March fashion wish list so stick around!

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment